“I Have an Accepted Offer on a Property – Can I Skip the Home Inspection?”
Are you a gambler by nature? Making the choice to not have an inspection done on your next potential home purchase could end up being a very costly mistake. Even newer properties can benefit from a full inspection for peace of mind. There are several reasons why ordering a home inspection makes sense:
- The inspection cost (usually between $400-$600) represents only a very small percentage of the purchase price yet can save you thousands or even tens of thousands in future repair costs.
- Home inspectors are now regulated and must be licensed in BC and can advise you on the positives and negatives of a particular property.
- Home inspectors are a neutral party and can give you unbiased advice on the condition of your potential home purchase.
- All reputable home inspectors will generate a full report for your review after completing the inspection.
- In certain situations your REALTOR® may be able to negotiate price reductions on your behalf following an inspection.
The inspection itself will usually take between 2-4 hours. I recommend that the buyers meet the inspector at the property as he/she is finishing so that they can do the walk-through with the inspector as he/she points out deficiencies, etc.
I welcome any questions you may have about selling or buying.
Feel free to comment or contact me directly.